I have just spent the past two weeks at the beach with my family. It was amazing! A two week vacation is perfect. You finally figure out what relaxing is after the 6th day and then you have another week to really chill.
One of the things I love about going to the beach is the fresh seafood. We had shrimp, grouper, snapper and oysters. I will be sharing some of my seafood favorites in another post. Right now I want to tell you about this amazingly simple little snack that my Mom brought down.
They are these little seasoned oyster cracker’s that my Great Aunt Macy used to make. They are so good that my cousin served them at her wedding. Not fancy at all, these little treats are perfect to munch on with a cold cocktail on or after the beach. My children couldn’t even get enough of them. So whip up a batch and enjoy.
- 1 package oyster crackers
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large package ranch style dressing mix
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- In a covered container, pour oil over crackers and add other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Keep covered for 24 hours.
- Store in covered container.